Board Bootcamp Fellowship
SF Parent Action runs a 5-session Board of Education leadership program focused on parent recruitment, training and support to impart important knowledge of what it takes to serve on and run for the Board of Education. Read our press release, here.
Program launched February 2023 with our inaugural cohort of 10 amazing public school parent leaders! Read on for more details below.
Interested in enrolling in a future program? Email [email protected]
- Learn what it takes to serve on the SF Board of Education
- 5 monthly sessions with in-person graduation
- Expert facilitation with focus on leadership skills + information that will help you decide if running for "BOE" is for you
- Exposure to and connections with the people who know what it takes to run an effective campaign AND be an excellent student-centered leader!
Session 1: Feb 23rd
- California and S.F. context: The public education system and how school districts work
- Guest speakers from Ed 100, Jeff Camp & Carol Kocivar
Session 2: March 9th
- A Day-in-the-Life of a Board of Education Commissioner
- Commissioners Jenny Lam and Lainie Motamedi
Session 3: April 6th
- What Makes an Effective Board Commissioner
- Former Commissioner Rachel Norton
Session 4: April 27th
- How to Be an Effective Leader for Educational Equity and Excellence
Session 5: May 25th
- How to Run an Effective Campaign and WIN!
- Final session, with in-person graduation
Sessions 1-4 meet over Zoom; Session 5 (final) is in-person with graduation. All sessions are 90 minutes, except 2-hour first and final sessions on 2/23 and 5/25.
Information for 2023 Fellows
Sign Up for our Updates on the Candidates and Initiatives that Support Public School Families and Students