Board Bootcamp Fellowship
SF Parent Action runs a 5-session Board of Education leadership program focused on parent recruitment, training, and support to impart important knowledge of what it takes to serve on and run for the Board of Education. Read our press release from our program launch in February of 2023, or this piece in EdSource written by two of our program graduates: Parents should get more involved with their local school board; here's how
This successful program launched in February 2023 with our inaugural cohort of 10 amazing public school parent leaders, and is launching a second cohort during the winter of 2023-24. More details about the program follow below.
Would you like to enroll in a future program? Email [email protected]
Are you able to donate to support a future Fellow? Donate to support this program here.
- Learn what it takes to serve on the SF Board of Education
- 5 monthly sessions with in-person graduation
- Expert facilitation with focus on leadership skills + information that will help you decide if running for "BOE" is for you
- Exposure to and connections with the people who know what it takes to run an effective campaign for elected office in S.F. AND be an excellent student-centered leader!
- California and S.F. context: The public education system and how school districts work
- A Day-in-the-Life of a Board of Education Commissioner
- What Makes an Effective School Board Commissioner
- How to Be an Effective Leader for Educational Equity and Excellence
- What it looks like to Campaign for Office in San Francisco
- Final session, with in-person graduation
Sessions 2-4 meet over Zoom; Session 1 and 5 are in-person. All sessions are 90 minutes, except 3-hour initial session and 2-hour final session
Members of all political parties and affiliations are welcome to participate in this program
Information for 2023-24 Fellows
Sign Up for our Updates on the Candidates and Initiatives that Support Public School Families and Students